Welcome to the Safety Committee web page!
The Safety Committees objectives:
- Encourage each utility to develop an effective safety and security program that complies with current requirements of OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies that is designed to reduce the accident frequency rate and provide the water utility employee with a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Maintain a continuing safety and security education program by utilizing and recommending use of available AWWA materials and services to utilities, offering safety and security oriented training workshops throughout the Section and presenting safety and security-oriented programs at the Annual Water Professionals Conference.
- Focus on promoting, educating, and disseminating information about safety and security issues that affect water utilities.
- Develop a better knowledge of the issues regarding the safety and security of public water supply systems.
- Foster an on-going and continuous communication on the part of members, utilities, regulators, and industry professionals to ensure that the issue of water system safety and security maintains a high profile.
Samantha Brewer - Chair CONTACT
Vice Chair - Todd Adams
Amy Kramer - Board Liaison