The One AWWA Operator Scholarship
The One AWWA Operator Scholarship is funded through the support of AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and the Kentucky/Tennessee Section.
For the application, click HERE
PURPOSE of AWARD
AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and the Kentucky/Tennessee Section will award the One AWWA Operator Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 each to two individuals, preferably one for each state in the Section, for Water Operator training and education. Depending on the requested need of applicants, the Section reserves the right to award more than two scholarships in smaller amounts (still totaling $2,000 for the Section for 2020).
Scholarship award can be used for certification/ licensure, two-year water related associate degree, technical school program, professional training program, or four-year related degree, books and manuals, and operator related conferences.
Each scholarship recipient will receive a one-year AWWA Operator membership.
- Applicant must be a current water operator or seeking to enter the water operator profession.
- Applicant must be pursuing an Operator’s License or Certification, two or four-year degree related to the water operator profession, or professional development.
- Disbursement of the funds will be made directly by the Section to the financial aid office of the college or training center the applicant will attend.
- Eligible expenses include items related to operator training and continuing education such as books, manuals, conferences, and professional development courses. While the state testing examination fee for licensure is not an eligible expense, materials for studying and preparation for testing are eligible expenses.
- Applicant must reside or work within the geographical boundaries of Kentucky or Tennessee.
- Acceptance of scholarship constitutes permission to use recipient’s name and scholarship story for purpose of promotion.
APPLICATION PROCESS: DEADLINE/SELECTION/PRESENTATION
- Complete application form including an essay of career objectives.
- Submit application by June 19, 2020 by mailing to:
Kay Sanborn, Executive Director, KY/TN Section AWWA
3801 Springhurst Blvd., Suite 201Louisville, KY 40241;
or via e-mail email@example.com.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced during the Water Professionals Conference at the Opening Session.
- Scholarship money must be used by the recipient only and is not transferable.
- A letter of notification will be sent to all applicants by July 17, 2020. The recipients will be offered complimentary registration to attend the Water Professionals Conference on August 17, 2021 to receive the scholarship at the Opening Session. If unable to attend the Conference, a check for up to $1,000 will be sent to the financial aid office or training center by September 4, 2020.
- Scholarship recipients must provide a report to the Section by December 31, 2020 on how the scholarship funding was used. Any unused funds should be returned to the Section by December 31, 2020.
- If you have questions, you may contact The Water Equation Committee Chair, Alan Cranford, at (615) 848-3222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kentucky: Mike Gardner
Tennessee: Alan Cranford - Chair; Chris Lambert; Glen Doss; Randal Braker; Mark Zinnanti